Go Back   Fratching! > General > Social Woes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

  #11  
Old 08-31-2018, 04:32 AM
Tanasi Tanasi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 756
Default

Tourist, student and AFAIK all work VISAs are temporary and they do expire. Once the VISA expires by law the person is supposed to leave the country. If one doesn't then by law they've become criminals.
My opinion is that if you want to live in the country permanently and you're not on track to become a citizen then you need to leave.
I've asked this question before and I've never received an answer, What right does someone have to come to this country?
__________________
Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 09-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Greenday's Avatar
Greenday Greenday is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanasi View Post
Tourist, student and AFAIK all work VISAs are temporary and they do expire. Once the VISA expires by law the person is supposed to leave the country. If one doesn't then by law they've become criminals.
My opinion is that if you want to live in the country permanently and you're not on track to become a citizen then you need to leave.
I've asked this question before and I've never received an answer, What right does someone have to come to this country?
My wife wants to live in this country and has no intention on applying for citizenship. Why should she? Cause she'll get a meaningless vote in elections? Our state hasn't vote red since 1988 and won't be any time soon. A US passport? Meh.

She's a contributing member to society. She pays taxes. What difference does it make whether she wants to become a citizen or stay a permanent alien resident?
__________________
Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 09-03-2018, 03:50 AM
HEMI6point1 HEMI6point1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenday View Post
Our state hasn't vote red since 1988 and won't be any time soon.
Don't you live in New Jersey? I seem to recall you guys voting for Chris Crisco, err, Christie twice. How'd that work out for your state?
__________________
AKA sld72382 on customerssuck.
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 09-03-2018, 02:17 PM
Greenday's Avatar
Greenday Greenday is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI6point1 View Post
Don't you live in New Jersey? I seem to recall you guys voting for Chris Crisco, err, Christie twice. How'd that work out for your state?
I'm talking about president. And I liked Chris Christie for the most part.
__________________
Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:58 AM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.