Go Back   Fratching! > General > Social Woes

Old 08-31-2018, 04:32 AM

Tourist, student and AFAIK all work VISAs are temporary and they do expire. Once the VISA expires by law the person is supposed to leave the country. If one doesn't then by law they've become criminals.
My opinion is that if you want to live in the country permanently and you're not on track to become a citizen then you need to leave.
I've asked this question before and I've never received an answer, What right does someone have to come to this country?

Old 09-02-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanasi View Post
Tourist, student and AFAIK all work VISAs are temporary and they do expire. Once the VISA expires by law the person is supposed to leave the country. If one doesn't then by law they've become criminals.
My opinion is that if you want to live in the country permanently and you're not on track to become a citizen then you need to leave.
I've asked this question before and I've never received an answer, What right does someone have to come to this country?
My wife wants to live in this country and has no intention on applying for citizenship. Why should she? Cause she'll get a meaningless vote in elections? Our state hasn't vote red since 1988 and won't be any time soon. A US passport? Meh.

She's a contributing member to society. She pays taxes. What difference does it make whether she wants to become a citizen or stay a permanent alien resident?

Old 09-03-2018, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenday View Post
Our state hasn't vote red since 1988 and won't be any time soon.
Don't you live in New Jersey? I seem to recall you guys voting for Chris Crisco, err, Christie twice. How'd that work out for your state?

Old 09-03-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI6point1 View Post
Don't you live in New Jersey? I seem to recall you guys voting for Chris Crisco, err, Christie twice. How'd that work out for your state?
I'm talking about president. And I liked Chris Christie for the most part.