Go Back   Fratching! > General > Social Woes

Old 08-02-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMike View Post
I'll come right out and say it -- I hate these damn masks. They're uncomfortable, and they're a grim reminder that things aren't right.

That being said, I feel like the people who refuse to wear them are contributing to the problem and dragging the whole pandemic out.
So much this. Do I enjoy wearing a mask everywhere I go? Not at all. Will I continue to do so to protect myself and everyone around me? Absolutely.

What really concerns me is this move by the cheeto to bypass the CDC completely when it comes to reporting numbers. In what universe is that ok?

Old 08-02-2020, 04:24 PM
Heavy Metal Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimaster91 View Post
What really concerns me is this move by the cheeto to bypass the CDC completely when it comes to reporting numbers. In what universe is that ok?
That troubles me as well. But then, pretty much everything Cheetos does either scares the hell out of me, or pisses me off.
--- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Old 08-03-2020, 02:00 PM

Mike, you have mentioned singing karaoke before, right? I used to go out and sing fairly frequently myself, but I cannot imagine EVER doing it again. No matter how many sprays of Lysol the KJ would use.

How do you see this? Would you personally feel comfortable with karaoke again?

Old 08-03-2020, 02:09 PM
Heavy Metal Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachrymose View Post

How do you see this? Would you personally feel comfortable with karaoke again?
I actually thought I'd be doing it again by now. A few weeks ago, the one place I go to was prepared to bring it back, but the DJ backed out for some reason, and then the bars pretty much got shut down anyway. I figured with the precautions they were taking it -- disinfecting the microphone between singers and requiring people to use their smartphones to sign up -- would be OK. I know a lot of people still aren't even comfortable going out to restaurants, but I'm basically taking precautions, while at the same time trying to do my normal activities wherever possible.
--- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan