Go Back   Fratching! > General > Social Woes

Default How to completely, utterly, fuck your career in the ass with one tweet
Old 05-30-2018, 02:38 AM

Default Default How to completely, utterly, fuck your career in the ass with one tweet

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/29/abc-...&ICID=ref_fark

TL;DR: Roseanne Barr posted a racist tweet, causing producer Wanda Sykes to instantly drop out and Disney/ABC not to have a second season.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:41 AM
Heavy Metal Admin

It's a shame. I actually liked the show, her politics aside. And her character actually showed some promise in that one episode where she came to realize that not all muslims are terrorists, and actually defended her muslim neighbor when she got verbally abused by a bitchy cashier. I guess the actress wasn't like the character in this case.
--- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Old 05-31-2018, 12:07 AM

I'm getting railed by conservatives because I'm saying there's a difference for trashing someone for being a bad person (Kimmel) vs trashing someone for being black (Roseanne).

Old 05-31-2018, 02:41 AM

Not her first self-immolation (remember when she abused the national anthem on TV, at a baseball game?) , but I'd actually managed to more-or-less forget about her.

I wasn't that surprised to find she's a Trump supporter, as his style of shit-stirring seems right up her alley.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:59 PM

I honestly think ABC warned her and gave her a second chance already.

Basically they were not going to put up with defending her level of crazy. Remember not only is she a Trump supporter. She uses very racist humor the she either backtracks on or plays the victim about. She also supports the Qannon conspiracy theory, among others. Putting her back in the spotlight was always a risk, and proved that she would always be a liability.

In this last straw FU, not only did they cancel the show. They pulled syndication in as many places as they contractually could. So basically she got the Bill Cosby treatment.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenday View Post
I'm getting railed by conservatives because I'm saying there's a difference for trashing someone for being a bad person (Kimmel) vs trashing someone for being black (Roseanne).
Riiiiight...

Some may argue that Sam Bee is, to use your words, a "bad person".

But I have a challenge for you: Name one high-profile Conservative or Republican that you think is a "good person".

Old 06-01-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr View Post
Riiiiight...

Some may argue that Sam Bee is, to use your words, a "bad person".

But I have a challenge for you: Name one high-profile Conservative or Republican that you think is a "good person".
My congressman that I voted for.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenday View Post
My congressman that I voted for.
Alright. Fair.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr View Post
Name one high-profile Conservative or Republican that you think is a "good person".
Abraham Lincoln.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:06 PM

Heh. I sort of wish any of my Republican reps I could respect. But they're in such solidly Red districts the only votes they care about are hardcore red.

Most of the decent Republicans I know are just citizens. But in Texas, the state is so red when you start getting to representatives its sort of like talking the Big Blue Machine in Chicago. They just say buzzwords, break laws, and get elected.