Go Back   Fratching! > Site News > Site News

Old 07-31-2010, 10:04 AM

I know one or two here that exist just to debate.

Soo annoying.

But I get ya blas. Just remember.

Your more awesome then the next! You can post to vent, and others may nitpick, but you already vented what you want. You can choose to ignore and live life, all the while the few sit at the montor, staring. Waiting. They'll grow a beard, or their breasts will sag. (In some cases both). Just staring, thinking "Soon she'll be back! Then she'll see waht I post and she'll be all upset! MWA HA HA HA! I is so evil! She'll have to reply! Yes! I know it! SOOON!"

(Meanwhile you celebrated your tenth year marriage annversity!)

Old 07-31-2010, 10:09 AM
Monster

Aw Plaid, you make me blush.

I wish I had the freetime to go back and find things people have said in the past that would contradict what they are arguing. I wish I had time to standby and wait for the fur to fly. I just don't.

Some days I have more time than others, and I can get back right away and defend at the nitpickers. Other times, I'm quite surprised when I come back and find support or others with similar stories.

Old 07-31-2010, 04:04 PM

I was actually about to post a thread in things I hate about BS nitpicking. What I noticed is that some threads get so derailed on such small details. By small details, I mean things such as the use of a word in a post, or some side comment that may have offended someone. In other words, things that have little relevence to the debate, but end up taking pages and pages of a thread off topic pissing about... god knows what.

Old 07-31-2010, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

You can always report threads that you feel might be venturing too far off-topic. No one would be in any trouble in those situations, but the mods might decide to nudge things back on track. We won't always step in, but we will if it appears that the derailment is ruining everyone else's fun.

Nitpicking and arguing semantics is another matter. That's just how some people argue. I don't care for that style of debate myself, but it's really a matter of personal preference.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Some balding guy

As a side note, we've had a trend of reporting threads in an apparent attempt to claim offence and win arguments that way.

We stare in horrified fascination at such reports.

Rapscallion

Old 08-17-2010, 10:10 AM

But but but but but but....

if I'm not winning an argument, that it's offensive! I demand my rights of always being right! Don't make me sue the board....

Old 08-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Chaos is cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
As a side note, we've had a trend of reporting threads in an apparent attempt to claim offence and win arguments that way.

Rapscallion
I am very offended at this post! I demand retribution at once for my hurt feelings!

Old 08-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Der Fluch der Idioten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post

Rapscallion
Wait. Waitwaitwait. So the reports are coming from people who're losing ground, can't switch counter-argument focus, and just report the thread because they're losing?!

I'm split. I'm both shaking my head at such a ridiculous move and laughing my ass off at the same time...

Last edited by ZedOmega; 08-20-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:20 AM

Well, obviously I'm right, the rest of you are wrong, and the fact you don't realize it offends me.

I admit, I'm not the best at debating. I learned a long time ago I'm not going to change anyone's opinions/beliefs, so I really don't like "debating." What I do enjoy is discussing. I try to at least see the other side, even if I don't agree with it. Some people aren't willing to do that.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Monster

You also gotta love the people on both sites who just simply don't like you or you don't agree on anything, so they seem to follow you around or find things you've posted in other people's threads just to go after you. It's so mature and shows such great internet etiquette.