Go Back   Fratching! > General > Things I hate

Old 12-06-2016, 08:24 AM
stressed broke pizza guy

Thread bump as it is Tis The Season

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Old 12-06-2016, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racket_Man View Post
they "consent" to letting a mere dollar squeeze past their tightly clenched Scroogie fingers on a $40 order.
Dude...if you come to my house with a $40 pizza order you're getting something like $8 as a tip. As a general rule, I tip the pizza delivery person in the neighborhood of 20%, regardless of time of year.

'cause that's how I roll...

Old 12-06-2016, 06:23 PM

For any delivery, my minimum tip is $5 (no matter what my order may be.) If the price goes higher that 20% > $5, it goes to the greater.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:35 PM

I always try to tip well unfortunately I am notoriously poor so occasionally tipping isn't a thing I can do but when I was a regular all of the drivers knew me and the owner would send little extra things out.

As for the "pretend cheer" Here's the thing people think I am always in a bad mood if I am not feeling a particularly strong emotion. Smiling isn't my default mode and apparently my straight face makes people think I am in devastation or depressed. I am not.

This time of year I genuinely like parts of it the Christmas specials spending time with my daughter, freaking Eggnog. I gather my gifts for this season throughout the year to avoid the pressure of shopping.

That being said there are a group of people that if they don't see you smiling during the month of December immediately assume you are Ebenezer Scrooge and try to "Save You"

Women who get told "you need to smile more" know exactly what I am talking about it. Those people have to be "cheerful" for everyone even the pizza driver for fear of running into someone who turns it into Watergate.

This actually makes one dislike the Holiday Season a bit having to feign being a cartoon character in a Christmas special because people don't understand that one can be genuinely happy without running around screaming and laughing.
Smartass

Old 12-08-2016, 02:45 PM
Atheist

I usually tip 15%, 20% for exceptional circumstances (delivery in shit weather).

That said, you might not like me. When I did order pizzas I preferred to pick them up myself. Also, I don't order pizzas anymore. I find them to be a huge waste of money. My local grocery store has frozen pizzas that are about the same quality, for a fraction of the price. Granted the selection isn't as good, but that's literally a small price to pay.