Go Back   Fratching! > General > Religion

Old 08-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Den Mother

I've been seeing those being handed out or laying around variious stores I've worked at over the years.

They are similar to the Chick Tracts booklets that promote a more fire and brimstone approach to religion and claim unless you repent and follow a very strict life, you are going to Hell when you die.

I'm sorry, but on the subject of religion, I like to think of God as being a more mercifiul and forgiving being - not someone who is vengeful (although I'm sure he has that capacity, as we are made in his image.) But still, it goes against the term "God Fearing", which in my interpretation, means we are supposed to love God out of fear.

Sorry, I'd rather love God b/c I want to and I respect him. No one should respect someone out of fear . . . . that's too much like Stochholm Sydrome to me.

I detest churches like that . . . they make me think of a cult b/c they are trying to get folks to think their way instead of letting them think for themselves.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:08 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with you, DGoddess. The church I referred to very much has that brimstone and hellfire, cult type feel. This is a church that goes door to door in the local low income apartments, asking people to come to services. I know this, because I was visiting my oldest nephew a couple of times when it happened. He told me they do it every single week, I don't know where else they go, but it seems to me that you shouldn't have to recruit that hard if you truly have a good organization, that's not fully of loonies and kool-aid drinkers. Just a thought.

Old 08-15-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGoddess View Post
I've been seeing those being handed out or laying around variious stores I've worked at over the years.

They are similar to the Chick Tracts booklets that promote a more fire and brimstone hate filled approach to religion anyone Chick doesn't like and claim unless you repent and follow a very strict life do what Chick says, you are going to Hell when you die.
Fixed it for ya

Old 08-20-2015, 11:08 PM

These people are very sick, demented people. I would hope such a tactic would backfire big time.

Old 08-23-2015, 01:37 AM

The other day I saw something just as bad. One of those little roadside crosses that usually means a traffic fatality, but there was something written on it, so I looked closer, it said "Jesus is Risen". It was an add for a nearby church!