Go Back   Fratching! > General > Social Woes

Old 08-16-2018, 03:52 AM

Quote:
There is this understanding that you do not get to do anything you want with your child.
Oh yeah? If your kid is sick, you will want to do whatever it takes. Like this family below:

CPS tries to take a child because her parents gave her cannabis oil

Girl has epilepsy. Doctors recommended a drug - Keppra - that has side effects worse than the condition it's designed to treat, one of which is "inability to cope with daily life." What the hell? I think I would suffer through the epilepsy!

Abridged version:

Parents decide to try a version of cannabis oil known as "charlotte's web." It works, basically no more seizures. They mention the cannabis oil to her doctors. Scumbag doctor calls CPS who make a house call. Piece of shit CPS worker tells the parents, "Well we won't prohibit you from continuing the use of cannabis oil but if you don't start giving her Keppra we'll take her from you!" Parents don't want to lose their daughter so they give her Keppra. Soon after, she starts experiencing nasty side effects to the point where they needed to bring her to the hospital. They took her off Keppra and CPS did back off, but family is in constant fear that they are going to try to get involved again... for doing what is best for their daughter.

In this case, did CPS really have the best interest in the child? No, they didn't. If you really think so, that says more about you than them.

BTW: If anyone says "but CPS was called because Cannabis is illegal to give to a child in Indiana!" they are missing the point I am trying to make.... and they can fuck off.

Last edited by HEMI6point1; 08-17-2018 at 01:06 AM.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:53 PM

I think you might be the one missing the point, actually. Nobody's saying CPS are perfect. It may even be true that an entire CPS department is corrupt (here i'm including "abuse of power" in corruption, not just taking bribes.) however, that doesn't (inherently) mean you can generalise that to claim that all of CPS is inherently corrupt.

don't get me wrong, there probably does need to be better oversight of CPS- there are far too many bad apples. However, the solution is to root out the bad apples- not for CPS to "butt out" as you've suggested before.

In the case you've given, it's less that charlotte's web is illegal (it's not- it's got less than 0.3% THC in, so it's considered an industrial hemp product.) it's more that officially, it's only legal to take as a dietary supplement, so CPS were probably claiming the kid wasn't being treated for the epilepsy. I agree they should have dropped the issue though, since it should have been clear the parents weren't ignoring the epilepsy, which was the actual concern.

Old 08-17-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah? If your kid is sick, you will want to do whatever it takes. Like this family below:
Why not exorcisms then. Or anointing in oils. How about st. john's wort. Oh what about an old favorite homeopathy. There is a line.

And this is another article where we see its not CPS acting on their own. It's a team of doctors who contacted CPS. Because we don't know why the doctors felt the need to do that, we are only left with what the parents say is the cause.

So first

Quote:
Jaelah and Jade found such an alternative treatment by searching online, where they learned about cannabis oil
*eye rolling*

Quote:
In March, Indiana legalized low-THC cannabidiol oil as long as it meets requirements regarding labeling and THC percentage, according to the Indianapolis Star. However, the state’s law doesn’t allow its use for children with the rare form of epilepsy. Believing the oil to be completely legal for Jaelah, Lelah and Jade excitedly told doctors in September about the success of the treatment.
This is from; https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...wor/310433002/

Quote:
At the time of the CPS caseworkers' visit, Attorney General Curtis Hill had yet to issue an opinion on the legality of CBD oil. Since then, he's said the substance is illegal under current Indiana law.
So yes, using a 'dietary supplement' of uncontrolled quality, of questionable legality. To treat symptoms that it only has had preliminary studies for. Because you read good things about it on the internet. Then not give the prescribed medication, because your afraid of the worst case side effects. For a 1 year old...

Yea that's going to raise a few eyebrows.

Old Yesterday, 01:15 AM

The Cannabis oil was WORKING!

Please remember that doctors probably insisted that the child take keppra because they are beholden to Big Pharma to sell their dangerous crap.

It's not just that, however.

Despite stories of people with cancer going into remission after taking taking Cannabis Oil, CPS is threatening parents with removal if they don't give their children the poison known as Chemotheropy: See here for an example.

I have done plenty of research on this subject to know that Cannabis Oil is better at killing off cancer than the poison known as Chemotheropy. This mother was fed up with Chemo screwing up her son so she give him Cannabis Oil and guess what? In remission without all the harmful side effects of the poison the doctors wanted to give him. Sadly, doctors actually reported her to CPS.... for the "crime" of not using Chemo. Probably because they missed out on that Big Pharma money by the mom refusing to use it.

This story contains an update: See here.

From the news article:

Quote:
Landon now looks healthier and is feeling much better, but in a letter posted online Sierra wrote, “They want to take away my son because I am refusing chemo!”
Fucking pricks. I swear, most of these CPS workers need to be beaten up for the shit they put these parents through.

If you still believe that CPS had the right to bully the mother into giving the child Chemo even though the Cannabis oil was working, you either a) work for CPS and are brainwashed, b) work in an organization where you have to kiss their ass, c) are shilling for them (or Big Pharma), or d) just a person that feels some scummy alphabet agency can continue bullying parents into telling them how to raise their kids, in which case you can kick rocks.

PS: On a related note, here is a story of a man who initially believed the lies of doctors beholden to Big Pharma and ended up in hospice. He ended up going "fuck it what do I have to lose" and started ingesting Cannabis Oil, in this case a version known as Phoenix Tears. He is now cancer free.

Last edited by HEMI6point1; Today at 05:10 AM.