Go Back   Fratching! > General > Grab Bag

Old 01-04-2020, 08:58 AM

I don't much care how many bags are used. My big issues are NEVER bag chemicals with food, don't put raw food with cooked items, and stack my pre-cooked ready to eat items flat( I hate having my sushi scrambled or the gravy off my tenderlion dinner sliding off the plate).

Old 01-06-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkingWitch View Post
I don't much care how many bags are used. My big issues are NEVER bag chemicals with food, don't put raw food with cooked items, and stack my pre-cooked ready to eat items flat( I hate having my sushi scrambled or the gravy off my tenderloin dinner sliding off the plate).
I don't think I've ever bought inedibles during the same trip that I've bought edibles. It never even occurred to me that would be an issue I guess it would be though. Now I'm curious though because I'm thinking and I've seen people buy cleaning supplies but I can't really remember ever seeing anyone buy groceries and cleaning supplies at the exact same time.

How many people here buy them at the same time?
Smartass

Old 01-14-2020, 06:47 PM

I buy them together at the same time and don't care if they are bagged together really because everything is sealed. I want weight distributed evenly, that's more important to me.

I am planning to change it up though so more household items come from Amazon and the actual food from grocery shopping, because it would make the shopping itself easier.

Old 01-15-2020, 10:34 PM
Heavy Metal Admin

I go grocery shopping every other weekend when I get paid. Whatever I need at the time, I get, whether it's edible or otherwise. I don't care too much about what gets bagged together as long as it's not heavy things with fragile things, or strong-smelling things with things that might absorb the smell.

Back when I was bagging, some people were picky about that, and some we're not. Some people would say "Don't put X in with the Y", and some others said, and I quote, "Just throw it all in together. It's all going to the same place."
--- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan