Go Back   Fratching! > General > Things I hate

Replying to the voices in your head
Old 05-28-2019, 05:53 PM

Default Replying to the voices in your head

I saw a post about a child rearing technique where you ignore every time a Toddler gets hurt. I had an interesting thought and said, "I would be cool to see a scientific study on if there is a correlation between toddlers raised like that and adults that refuse to go see the doctors for symptoms something's wrong."

A person decided that my scientific curiosity was a moral judgement. They then decided I was this imaginary person they built me up to be in their mind. When they replied to me it had literally nothing to do with my wanting to do with a scientific study and everything to do with a world where I had said, "This is bad you need to coddle your toddlers and keep them safe"

I was genuinely confused at first because their comment seemed to have nothing to do with mine. In fact I could see no comment in the thread that they could have been replying to. So I asked them who and what they were replying to. I was then accused of lacking reading comprehension. "No I understood what you were saying it just didn't have any relation to what I said"

I hate when people have decided from a single sentence that they know every single thing about me. and then reply to this imaginary me.
Smartass