Go Back   Fratching! > General > Politics

Hey you hate-filled nazis and white supremacists...
Old 08-12-2017, 11:04 PM

Default Hey you hate-filled nazis and white supremacists...

You, yeah, you. You hate-filled nazis and white supremacists.

What in the world are you thinking!? Go away! Nobody likes you! On behalf of Reasonable Conservatives and Liberals everywhere: "Get out of OUR COUNTRY!" We don't want you here. We sure as heck don't want you as "members" of our political ideologies.

This Conservative is disgusted, angered, and appalled by your UTTERLY RACIST, HATE-FILLED IDEOLOGY! A harsh denouncement on my part doesn't seem harsh enough.

You bastards KILLED three people today, and injured several more! And for what? Your arguments are ineffective to us rational people.

I suppose I should pray for you, but I don't know if I can. The Bible tells us to love and pray for our enemies, but that's really, really difficult right now.

That is all. So very disgusted by this.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:18 AM

As God put it, you can't be both a proud American and a nazi. We fought a whole war over it. The whole world was involved.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:51 AM

Meanwhile, in Germany...

This is the way things should be: the American is being fined for the use of Nazi symbols (a felony in Germany), and the German who attacked him is wanted for assault. Because vigilantism is a shitty thing.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr View Post
You bastards KILLED three people today, and injured several more!
Was the helicopter crash the result of an attack? I haven't found any details on that.

Last edited by Canarr; 08-14-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarr View Post
Was the helicopter crash the result of an attack? I haven't found any details on that.
Pretty sure it just crashed while on the way to respond.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:11 AM

This was an inevitable disaster for multiple reasons. (no, at no point am I defending the White Supremacists, just pointing out that blame is not exclusive to them)

- Both the White Supremacists and the Anti-fa thugs, who both were looking for a fight.
- The Mayor and Governor who issued stand down orders for their respective law enforcement agencies, despite assurances they could control the situation.
- The law enforcement agencies who knew such an order was going to result in this but abides by it.
- The media agencies on both ends of the spectrum using previous incidents and doctored information to fuel the bigotry on both ends, most of which continuing to use this incident to spur more violence.

The only real victims of this was the lady killed and the (very few) people that went there hoping to talk and be rational.

I'm not including the copter deaths because unless evidence comes up that the copter was brought down by an attack, it's a coincidence that is being tied to the event and nothing more. Tragic none the less, but at current not directly linked.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:31 AM

And here another example on why doxxing people is shitty and we shouldn't be doing it.

Honestly, how is that so difficult?

Old 08-16-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canarr View Post
And here another example on why doxxing people is shitty and we shouldn't be doing it.

Honestly, how is that so difficult?
Great point, Canarr.

That's also why I emphasize that we can't just throw around words like "racist", because some labels are difficult, if not impossible, to shake.

This guy now has a label that, in the public eye, he will likely never be able to get rid of. He will be associated with a group whether he is or isn't.

Old 08-18-2017, 02:15 AM

I realize there's nothing even remotely funny about Nazis generally ... but this is pretty close ...

Old 08-18-2017, 12:39 PM

An interesting bit of background here:

So, are they right? Should Nazis receive the same protections under the Constitution as other groups? Or should they be exempted from there protections? And if Nazis are exempted - who else should be, as well? And who decides which groups deserve protection, and which groups don't?

Last edited by MadMike; 08-18-2017 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Please don't cut and paste text from other sites!

Old 08-18-2017, 06:28 PM

actually, the ACLU's right. Even if you find someone's views distasteful, providing they are ONLY airing their views, then they are protected. (I draw the line, however, when someone is actively encouraging someone else to act. In other words "all X must die" is distateful but protected. "Go out now and kill an X" is not.

Particularly since in Charlottesville, they were legitimately protesting a government action they disagreed with. That, and protesters who toppled a statue of a Confederate soldier were themselves out of line, IMHO. (that statue was presumably a war memorial, and you quite definitively cannot say that all confederate soldiers were racists- or no more that was typical at the time, anyway- since a fair percentage probably served mainly because they saw the war as the Union states trying to overthrow the legitimate government of the Confederate states.)

in short, it's an exceptionally dangerous precedent if membership of a designated group is sufficient to strip First Amendment rights. (after all, presumably politicians would maintain the list of groups that membership of would cause a loss of First Amendment privileges. I would be unsurprising if the very first list included "everyone who disagrees with me"- particularly since voting can be considered a form of speech, and the right to vote itself is not actually on the list of specifically enumerated rights.