Go Back   Fratching! > General > Pop Culture

Old 05-31-2016, 08:46 PM
Apathetic Atheist

If you get tired enough of their posts that you don't want to see them any more, but you still want to be friends on FB, you can hide their posts from your feed. I forget where it is in the settings, but I had to do this with a few acquaintances that I have as FB friends. I play D&D with them, and FB messages is how we schedule games. But I got tired of seeing their slot game invites and political posts.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Had another friend post the Obi Wan Kenobi/Jesus thing again. LOL

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Old 06-05-2016, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghel View Post
If you get tired enough of their posts that you don't want to see them any more, but you still want to be friends on FB, you can hide their posts from your feed. I forget where it is in the settings, but I had to do this with a few acquaintances that I have as FB friends.
I think you can do that directly from your newsfeed; find a post from the FB friend, click on the "arrow" at the upper right corner of the post itself, and choose the "Do not show posts from *name*" option from the drop-down menu. You won't unfriend the person, merely hide all posts.

You can also filter the posts without "unfollowing" - for instance, I have a friend where I can see some of his/her posts that are relevant to me but I am spared for the tons and tons of name-generator-app posts or shared ads for his/her brother in law's business. Again, you open the drop down menu and choose "Do not show "what-character-are-you-game.com" posts.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Going to post this later.

Someone pointed out to her that it wasn't Jesus and she tried to say that she knew who it was and she was making a statement, "May His force be with you" but now I see the picture is gone. LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13055483_10207862385174141_6831754347899584426_n.jpg (81.3 KB, 37 views)

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Old 06-06-2016, 05:29 PM

Anyone remember shortly after 9/11 the media footage of anti-American protesters holding up pictures of Bert from Sesame Street? It seems there was a humour group running a "Bert is evil" website, with photoshopped pictures of Bert standing alongside various bad guys. One of the bad guys was Osama Bin Laden - and the people looking for pictures of OBL on the web either didn't know, or didn't care, who the yellow guy in the striped shirt was.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protege View Post
Ugh. One of my friends is constantly posting those things. Most of hers usually have a line similar to "post this, and God will give you money at the end of the month..." Seriously? Many people get paid roughly twice a month. Tell me again how God has a hand in it?
Maybe they think it's extra money...who knows?

I shut down what I call a "serial chain emailer" by setting up an autoresponder through an email client. That way, every time I got an email from this person, they got an autoresponder rebutting most of the "chain email" things. I think there were 17 or so items in it.

Some of them may have been TMI (like "I'm married, so I already get laid") and "No, Microsoft will NOT give you money for forwarding an email..."

There was more to it than that. But it didn't take long for the emails to stop.

Old 06-19-2016, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator

Had another friend share a picture that was a guilt trip - if we didn't share, we weren't supporting these brave Vietnam soldiers.
Only problem was, the picture of the "brave soldiers" was from the movie "Tropic Thunder"! They were all actors.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:16 PM

Here's one right up this alley...yes, I know this is a satire site...

http://babylonbee.com/news/satans-pl...amen-facebook/

Old 05-21-2017, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

Ugh. Not the Babylon Bee. Another friend is constantly posting links to it. I had to block him...simply because it's not funny.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:04 AM

"If you don't share this, you are a horrible human being." I used to get memes that said almost exactly that ... "If you scroll past, you have no heart!!"

At which point I would cackle evilly and scroll right on by.