Go Back   Fratching! > Semi-topical > Suggestions

PFB section?
Old 02-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Banned

Default PFB section?

Yes I know we have one over at the main site but....

Sometimes a letter comes up that's too volatile a subject to be posted there. Especially since some have been locked for that very reason.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:10 PM
Some balding guy

I never look in the PFB section on CS.com - I prefer to hunt my SCs in the wild. Fancy posting a few links of closed PFB threads so I can see the context please?

To be fair, there's nothing stopping anyone from taking a closed discussion from there to here, but formally having a nastier PFB section here doesn't appeal - this place is generally for a different purpose, or has evolved as such.

Rapscallion

Old 02-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
To be fair, there's nothing stopping anyone from taking a closed discussion from there to here, but formally having a nastier PFB section here doesn't appeal - this place is generally for a different purpose, or has evolved as such.
That's what I had wanted to say earlier, Raps, but didn't quite know how to word it.

I think simply linking to the letters here in the appropriately themed forum is all that's necessary.
I can't imagine that we will get so many controversial PFB related posts that it would need its own forum here.

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

I think most controversial PFB letters would easily fit into our existing forums, such as "Social Woes", or perhaps even "Clash of Cultures". When all else fails, "Things I Hate" or "Grab Bag" are nice catch-alls.

This forum isn't so big that we need worry ourselves too much about organization.