Go Back   Fratching! > Semi-topical > Suggestions

Old 09-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Der Fluch der Idioten

I think blas means that if Raps says he's got the costs covered, donations really aren't necessary on our parts. I admit it'd be an awesome gesture towards him to want to help shoulder even a fragment of the costs to keep the sites open, though.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:46 PM

Did that happen with Mr. Sluggar? I was a paid memembership there. I didn't think for a second I'd get away with any crap, but I wanted to have the games and the blog and the host of other little niceties that membership got.

But it likely would split. I've seen it at other boards, the Paying and the nonpaying. The paying tends to crap all over the nonpaying, and do act superior to them. The mods also tended to kiss the paying people ass too on top of it.

Donations could work.

But the paying and non paying shouldn't happen at a great site.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:05 AM
Behold! The Ultimate Pog!

I just realized that I'm spending more times on the sites and games I visit/play for free, than I do with the sites/games I paid a (Lifetime) Membership Fee for (like Adventure Quest, The Lord of the Rings: Online, and Vampire Rave.. although the latter did come with a free shirt as a result).

This is actually something that I'm going to have to worry about myself if my own site were to ever grow in popularity and if I ever get my forum off the ground. One thing I want to do above all else is not rely on ads.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:47 PM
Banned

Oh, I hate sites that rely solely on ads. It clutters everything up. I thought LOTR was free though.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Chaos is cool.

One site that I go on, there's premium membership that you pay for and get extras. However, it does not stop you from being punished on forums if you misbehave; no matter what people might think... and we've had a few be disabused of that notion on forums before. "I've got premi so I can do what I like!" Um, no you can't if what you like to do is spam and harrass other members. -.-