Go Back   Fratching! > General > Social Woes

Old 10-10-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelated View Post
We're getting people around here ranting about how people are "tired" of the restrictions. Well, you just tell the virus that; I'm sure it'll back right off.
I no shit saw someone on the news at a protest who said, "We didn't sign up for this long term shut down" NONE OF US DID! But if you go out and ignore it then get sick and die I'm making as much fun of you as I do the idiots that refuse to evacuate during a natural disaster. No one signs up for this crap we weren't all hoping 2020 was gonna be the year of the Homebody. It kind of trashed my plans for my 40th birthday but those people need to get the hell over it.
Smartass

Old 10-10-2020, 01:38 PM

I am tired of the restrictions. And it's the people who won't follow the gosh darn diddly dang rules that keep stretching it out.

Old 10-11-2020, 09:53 AM

Somebody said that the virus spreads quickly thanks to two main factors:

1. The density of the population.
2. The density of the population.

Old 10-25-2020, 02:49 AM

I'm getting in a kind of a tizzy with Mr Zel. He's kinda getting his own conspirancy theory that the pandemic is not like "made up", but rather "exaggerated" by face mask producers since the numbers in Europe do not add up in his mind (like, Italy has had mandated masks for months and they're still considering lockdowns at the moment due to a surge in cases). I don't mind him wondering whether our newest mask mandate is relevant or not, but I feel like he's going down the wrong rabbit hole...

Old 10-26-2020, 04:05 AM

I've developed a cough (and yes, am going to get tested tomorrow), which a fellow tenant says is "probably because you're inhaling your own carbon dioxide because of those masks ..."

Old 10-26-2020, 09:43 PM

Quote:
I've developed a cough (and yes, am going to get tested tomorrow), which a fellow tenant says is "probably because you're inhaling your own carbon dioxide because of those masks ..."
I admire your restraint in not immediately stabbing him in the arm with your keys.

Old 10-28-2020, 01:48 AM

Quickly pitching in:

Now that a mask mandate is looming over here, our Gub'mint advises that plastic/plexiglass visors are recommended as well, especially for citizens that have respiratory issues (though, of course, type IIR surgical disposable masks are the best).
What are the recommendations over the pond regarding that?

Last edited by NorthernZel; 10-28-2020 at 01:50 AM.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravekeeper View Post
I admire your restraint in not immediately stabbing him in the arm with your keys.
Thank you

It's a her, and I wasn't terribly surprised by this as I've heard some of her conspiraloony stuff before (breast cancer is due to "mommy issues" being one). I went to share a coffee with her once, in one of the building's atriums, and towards the end of the conversation she began trotting out a lovely collection of conspiracy theories about COVID. Whoops, sorry, it's past my bedtime ...

I'm surprised she wears a mask around the building, TBH, even though it's mandated.

Old 10-29-2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Thank you
I'm surprised she wears a mask around the building, TBH, even though it's mandated.
My building doesn't even allow guests / non-residents inside except for care workers. As there's a number of vulnerable seniors in the building.